Episode 21 Federal Workers Compensation Coffee Break Podcast – Initial DOL – OWCP Claim Acceptance & Denials
By Jorge Rodriguez In Uncategorized On May 9, 2022
Federal Workers Comp Coffee Break Podcast
Federal Workers Compensation Coffee Break Podcast is about all things related to Federal Workers Compensation, FECA, OWCP, DOL; Longshore claim filing as an injured federal worker. The podcast is an educational and informative training on how to navigate the DOL, OWCP claims filing process for all types of injured US government and federal workers. The podcaster has 27 years in assisting with federal workers compensation as a consultant and trainer. The podcast is free and is educational. If you need help with anything related to a federal workers compensation claim…help is just a cup of coffee away.Dr. Taylor’s educational podcast utilizes his experience and history as a DOL – OWCP provider and his years of consulting and teaching all things federal workers compensation related. This is an educational short form format for learning how to successfully file federal workers compensation claims. So grab a cup of coffee and lets begin.
When the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs (OWCP) has determined that there is sufficient factual and medical evidence to accept the claim, a formal decision is issued which explains which conditions were accepted as arising out of the claimed factors.
• Where medical evidence establishes that a pre- existing condition was aggravated, an aggravation should be accepted, not the underlying condition itself.
• Whether the claim is a Traumatic Injury or an Occupational Disease, the same criteria need to established.
• In Traumatic Injury cases with resulting disability, continuation of pay (COP) should be authorized unless one of the nine reasons to controvert COP have been established.
• In either type of case, with resulting disability, the claimant should be notified of placement into disability management (QCM) and the purpose of the QCM program.
If either the physician or claimant indicate that the accepted conditions require expansion or modification, OWCP should request a detailed explanation as to how the additional conditions are related to the original injury or resulting residuals. Claims for consequential conditions should be referred to the District Medical Advisor for review. If OWCP denies an initial claim, a formal denial will be issued. The decision will contain the following:
• describe the nature of the injury;
• summarize the evidence initially submitted with the claim and provide an explanation as to why it was deficient;
• summarize what was requested upon development;
• describe all evidence received after development; and
• explain why the evidence is insufficient to support the claim.
Dr. Taylor’s educational podcast utilizes his experience and history as a DOL – OWCP provider and his years of consulting and teaching all things federal workers compensation related. This is an educational short form format for learning how to successfully file federal workers compensation claims. So grab a cup of coffee and lets begin.
Dr. Taylor’s contact information for more information or assistance is:
If you need a provider or assistance with a DOL claim in Tampa, Jacksonville or other areas of Florida you can make an appointment to see him and the other providers at his clinic at
His clinic website is https://mrtherapycenter.com/federal-work-injury-blog/
Leave a comment